GENERAL STUDIES -I
(A) History (India and Kerala)
- Ancient and Medieval Period :-
(i) Salient features and major landmarks of ancient and medieval India
(ii) Art, culture, literature and Architecutre
(iii) Major Dynasties, their administrative system, social, religious and economic conditions prominent movements
- Modern Period :-
(i) Modern Indian History (from the 18th century upto the present) significant events, personalities and issues
(ii) India – Struggle for independence
(iii) Social and religious reform movements in the 19th and 20th century
(iv) India after Independence, Post independent consolidation and reorganisation
(v) Independent India and herneighbours.
- Kerala History (from 18th century):-
(i) Pre-Independence socio-political movements. Formation of Kerala State, Political parties, movements, Governments, Landmark legislations and policies.
(B) History of the World (from mid 18th century)
- Industrial revolution
- World wars
- Redrawal of National boundaries
- Colonialisation and decolonialisation,
- Communism, Capitalism, Socialism – their forms and effects in society.
(C) Cultural Heritage of Kerala:
- Cultural Heritage of Kerala Art Forms, literature, sculpture, architecture, salient features of society
- Kerala Tribal culture, Pilgrimage, Tourist places, Folk Culture, Cinema, Theatre
- History and revolution of Malayalam language and literature.
(D) Indian Constitution, Public Administration, Political System, Governance, Social Justice and International Relations
- Indian Constitution and its salient features
- Functions and Responsibilities of the Union and the States, Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, function, power and privilages. Issues and challenges pertaining to Federal Structure – Devolution of Power and Finances upto local levels and challenges therein
- Constitutional Authorities – Powers, Functions and Responsibilities
- Panchayati Raj, Public Policy and Governance, Impact of L.P.G on Governance
- Statutory, Regulatory and Quasi judicial bodies
- Rights Issues (Human rights, Women rights, SC/ST rights, Child rights, etc.), Imporatant Acts
- India's Foreign Policy, International Organisations, International Treaties and Forums, their structure and mandate
- Judiciary in India – Structure and functions, imporatant provisions relating to Emergency and Constitutional amendments, Judicial review, Public Interest Litigation, Land Revenue Laws
- Fundamental rights, fundamental duties and Directive Principles
- Principles of Administrative Law.
(E) Reasoning, Mental Ability & Simple Arithmetic
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability,Number series, Coding – Decoding, problems related to Relations, Shapes and their sub- sections, Venn Diagram, problems based on Clock, Calendar and Age, Simple Arithmetic.
- General Geography: Solar system, Motion of Earth, Concept of time, Seasons, Internal structure of the Earth, Major Landforms and their features. Atmosphere – Structure and Composition, elements and factors of Climate, Airmasses and Fronts, atmospheric disturbances. Oceans: Physical, Chemical and Biological characteriestics, Hydrological Disasters, Marine and Continental Resources
- Physical, Social, Economic Geography of World, India and Kerala
- Geophysical phenomena like Earthquake, Tsunami, Volcanoes, Cyclone, Flood, Landslides.
GENRAL STUDIES -II
(A) Economy and Planning
- Indian economy on the eve of independence. Indian economy in post reform period – new economic reforms, NITI Aayog, National Income and Per Capita Income, Sectoral Composition (Output and Employment) – Primary, Secondary and Tertiary. Development under different policy regimes (including Five Year Plans) – Goals, Constraints, Institutions and Policy framework.
- Agriculture Sector, Land Reforms in India, Technological change in Agriculture – Major Crops and Cropping patterns in various parts of the Country, Irrigation, Pricing of agriculture inputs and outputs, Agricultural Finance Policy and Marketing, Issues in Food Security and Public Distribution System, Green Revolution, Policies for sustainable agriculture and organic farming.
- Industrial Policy, Public Sector enterprises and their performance, Growth and pattern of industrialization, Small-scale sector, Productivity in industrial sector, SEZ and industrialization, foreign investment and competition policy, e-Commerce, Effects of liberalisation on the economy.
- Infrastructure in Indian Economy, Meaning and importance of insfrastructure – Water Supply and Sanitation- Energy and Power – Science and Technology – Rural and Urban Insfrastructure, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways, Telecommunication, Dams, Inland Waterways. Social Impact Assessment.
- Trends and Patterns in structure of population over time – Growth rate, Gender Rural-Urban Migration, Literacy, Regional Structure and trends of Poverty and Inequality, Unemployment – trends, Structure and National Rural Employment policies. Indicators of development – Physical Quality of Life Index,Human Development Index, Human Poverty Index, Gender Development Index, National Happiness Index.
- Indian Public Finance, Government Budgeting, Indian Tax System, Public Expenditure, Public Debt, Deficit and Subsidies in the Indian Economy. Centre-State financial relation. Recent fiscal and monetary policy issues and their impact, structure of Indian Banking and NonBanking Financial Institutions and reforms, GST: Concept and Implications. Stock exchange and share market.
- Trend, Composition, Structure and direction of India's Foreign Trade. India's Balance of payments situation in post reforms period.
- Economy of Kerala State-an overview, Population, Major agriculture, Industry, Service sector issues. Insfrastructure and resources, Major Developmental Projects, Programmes and Schemes. Co-opeartive Sector. History and relevant policies in traditional industies, IT Sector, Pravasi and Foreign remittance.
- Kerala model development – (Land reforms, Social security, devolution of Power, Decentralised Planning, Housing, Tourism, Women Empowerment, Social Welfare Schemes, Disaster Management. Role and Function of Kerala Planning Board, Achievements of Kerala in Health and Education Sector: Policies, Programmes, Initiatives and Impacts.
(B) Science and Technology
- Science and Technology: Nature and scope of Science and Technology, Relevance of S&T, National policy on S & T and innovations, Basics of everyday science, Human body, Public Health and Community Medicine, Food and Nutrition, Health Care.
Institutes and Organization in India promoting intergration of S & T and Innovation, their activities and contributions, Contribution of Prominent Indian Scientists.
- ICT : Nature and Scope of ICT, ICT in day today life, ICT and industry, ICT and Governance – various Government schemes promoting use of ICT, e-Governance Programmes and Services, Netiquettes, Cyber Security concerns – National Cyber Crime Policy. MIS. Artificial Intelligence – benefits and impacts, Robotics.
- Technology in Space and Defence: Evolution of Indian Space Programme, ISRO – it's activities and achievements, various Satellite Programmes – DRDO-vision, mission and activities.
- Energy requirement and efficiency: India's existing energy needs and deficit, India's energy resources and dependence, Renewable and Non-renewable energy resources,Energy Policy of India – Govt.Policies and Programmes, Energy Security and Nuclear Policy of India.
- Environmental Science : Issues and concerns related to environment, its legal aspects, policies and treaties for the protection of environment at the National and the International level, Environment protection for sustainable development.
Biodiversity – its importance and concerns, Climate change, International initiatives (Policies, Protocols) and India's commitment, Western Ghats, Features, Characteriestics and issues.
Forest and wildlife – Legal framework for Forest and Wildlife Conservation in India.
Environmental Hazards, Pollution, Carbon Emission, Global Warming. National action plans on climate change and Disaster Management.
Developments in Biotechnology, Green Technology and Nanotechnology.
(C) Current Events
(D) Language Proficiency - English
- Phrasal Verbs
- Error Correction
- Reported Speech
- Active Voice
- Passive Voice
- Auxiliary Verb
- Question Tag
- Degrees of Comparison
- Idioms and Phrases
- Simple Compound Complex Sentences
- Prepositional Verbs
- Pronouns – 9 types
- Word Order and Sentence Order.
(EI) Language Proficiency - Malayalam
- വിപരീത പദം
- ൈശൈലിക്ള് പഴഞ്ചൊല്ഞ്ചാല്ലുക്ള്
- സ്ത്രീലിംഗം പുല്ലിംഗം
- ഘടക് പദം (വാക്യം േചേര്ത്തൊല്ത്തെഴുതുക്)
- ഭരണഭാഷയുമായി ബന്ധപ്പൊല്പ്പെട്ട്ഒ രു ഖണ്ഡിക് നല്കി അതിൊല്ന ആധാരമാക്കി േചോദയങ്ങള്
- ഔദ്യേദയാഗിക്ഭാഷാ പദാവലി, വിപുലനം, സംഗ്രഹം.
(EII) Language Proficiency - Kannada
- Word Purity / Correct Word
- Correct Sentence
- One Word / Single Word / One Word Substitution
- Idioms and Proverbs
- Equivalent Word
- Join the Word
- Feminine Gender,Masculine Gender
- Sort and Write
- Add Phrases
(EIII) Language Proficiency - Tamil
- Correct Word
- Correct Structure of Sentence
- Single Word
- Antonyms / Opposite
- Phrases and Proverbs
- Equal Word
- Join the Word
- Gender Classification – Feminine, Masculine
- Singular, Plural
- Add Phrases