IAS Preparation can be very stressful for many aspirants and this stress and anxiety inevitably affects their work, productivity and mental health routine. To overcome these, we suggest some practical and easy mechanisms to cope with stress during UPSC- Civil Service Exam Preparation.
- Civil Service Exam is the toughest entrance exams in India. As any IAS aspirant would tell you; taking on one of the toughest exams not only in India but across the world, has to have its own set of challenges. STRESS/PRESSURE is one such challenge that needs to be tackled by students preparing for IAS exams on daily basis. Apart from the cut-throat competition, the widespread and vast syllabus of UPSC Civil Services Exam literally requires you to know everything under the sun be it for subjects or general studies topics. All of these factors add to the stress levels of IAS aspirants often making them vulnerable to problems like anxiety, depression and constant headaches.
Though, there is always light at the end of the tunnel; particularly so for IAS aspirants who are planning to be the guiding light for this country’s administration. The stress of IAS preparation can be coped and avoided by including some simple but effective steps in your daily routine such as:
- Being physically active
- Balanced Diet
- Finding out time for little entertainment
- Rest & Sleep right
- Always set a positive mood
- Meditate to relax and refocus your thoughts
- Don’t isolate yourself and be present in the moment
It’s important to understand that “Work while you can but avoid overwork which act as exhaustion of your energy”. Civil service aspirants need to come out of the fear that surrounds this exam and just concentrate to give the best shot at their capacity. In a nutshell, de-stressing is a process of inhabiting positive attitude and building effective will power.